Oh So Good: These Pancakes!
In need of an alternative to your 'regular' pancakes? Try these Four-Grain Flapjacks!
Turn up your electric griddle to 325 F.
Here's what you'll need to whisk together in a large bowl...
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal, preferably stone ground
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 T sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of freshly grated or ground nutmeg
Whisk together in another bowl:
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 4 T (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently whisk them together, mixing just until combined. Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Your pancakes are ready to flip when the bottoms are brown and the bubbles on top begin to pop.
Recipe makes about eighteen 4 1/2-inch pancakes.
Serve with maple syrup and your favorite fresh fruit.